Adhering to the same timeline and scope, organizers upped the ante by giving new directions and encouraging every individual involved to use new tools in each category:
- Business Analysis – sequence diagram
- Graphical Design – Sketch app for iOS design
- HTML / CSS – CSS Grid Layout
- iOS – Appcelerator Titanium Mobile
- PHP – dependency injection + Laravel 5.4
- Quality Assurance – security testing
Upon completing the tasks, presentations and discussions followed to ensure top notch exchange of ideas and experiences.
This hackathon spring session is over. We can summarize the results: success! Each of three rounds proved successful because team members gained and shared new experiences. Some tasks proved challenging, added to which were time constraints: all participants were challenged to “think on their feet.”
But the goal was reached: everyone discovered new tools and quickly evaluated their benefits and drawbacks.
Now we are looking forward to our summer hackathon: instead of having to face new technologies individually, teamwork will be its main objective.